Put your skills and talents to work conserving wild places.
As an organization, we aspire to be inclusive in the work that we do, and in the kind of organization we are. Internally this means working as a team that listens to different points of view, recognizes the contributions of every employee and empowers each employee to bring their whole selves to work every day. Externally this means ensuring that public lands are inclusive and welcoming, so that our shared wildlands can help people and nature to thrive.
We are committed to equity throughout our work, which we define as our commitment to realizing the promise of our public lands and ensuring that all can share in their universal benefits. To learn more about our commitment, please see Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
We are an equal opportunity employer and actively works to ensure fair treatment of our employees and constituents across culture, socioeconomic status, race, marital or family situation, gender, age, ethnicity, religious beliefs, physical ability, veteran status or sexual orientation.
Some Key Benefits:
- Emphasis on a work/life balance and some telework may be available
- Strong organization commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Competitive salary, comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision plans
- Medical insurance available for as little as $7.00/month for employee only coverage. Dependent/Family coverage available at an additional cost.
- Generous Paid Time Off plan (20 accrued vacation days, 2 personal days, 12 accrued sick days & 12 recognized holidays per year)
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Bereavement Leave for family members as well as pets
- 6% contribution on Pre-Tax Retirement Funds
- 3 month paid sabbatical after 7 years of service
- Pre-tax transit benefits for metro and parking
- Free DC Capital BikeShare Membership
- Cell phone service reimbursement
- Expansive network of outdoor retailer discounts
TWS Full-Time Positions
Senior Manager, Giving & Impact Communications
Location: DC Preferred, East Coast Remote Considered
Application: Deadline: October 1, 2023
Senior Officer, Leadership Giving & Impact, East
Location: DC preferred, East Coast Remote Considered.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
There are no intern opportunities at this time. Please check back in the future.
Gloria Barron Wilderness Society Scholarship
The 2023 application cycle is now closed.