Put your skills and talents to work conserving wild places.
As an organization, we aspire to be inclusive in the work that we do, and in the kind of organization we are. Internally this means working as a team that listens to different points of view, recognizes the contributions of every employee and empowers each employee to bring their whole selves to work every day. Externally this means ensuring that public lands are inclusive and welcoming, so that our shared wildlands can help people and nature to thrive.
We are committed to equity throughout our work, which we define as our commitment to realizing the promise of our public lands and ensuring that all can share in their universal benefits. To learn more about our commitment, please see Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
We are an equal opportunity employer and actively works to ensure fair treatment of our employees and constituents across culture, socioeconomic status, race, marital or family situation, gender, age, ethnicity, religious beliefs, physical ability, veteran status or sexual orientation.
DC Staff Community Service Day
Some Key Benefits:
- Emphasis on a work/life balance and some telework may be available.
- Strong organization commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion.
- Competitive Salary, Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision plans.
- Medical insurance available for as little as $5.00/month for employee only coverage. Dependent/Family coverage available at an additional cost.
- Generous Paid Time Off plan (20 accrued vacation days, 2 personal days, 12 accrued sick days & 11 recognized holidays per year)
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Bereavement Leave for family members as well as pets.
- 6% contribution on Pre-Tax Retirement Funds.
- 3 month paid sabbatical after 7 years of service.
- Pre-tax transit benefits for metro and parking.
- Free DC Capital BikeShare Membership.
- Cell phone service reimbursement for exempt staff.
- Paid Community Outreach Days.
- Expansive network of outdoor retailer discounts.
- Bi-Annual All Staff Retreat in iconic outdoor landscape.
The Wilderness Society is currently recruiting for the following positions:
Senior Legal Director
Location: Denver, CO preferred. Other TWS office locations considered. .
Director of Digital Fundraising
Location: Washington, DC
Planned Giving Estate Administrator
Location: Washington, DC preferred. Other locations may be considered.
Senior Philanthropy Officer, Northwest Region
Location: Seattle, WA preferred. Other locations in the Pacific Northwest may be considered.
The following internships are available at The Wilderness Society. Each opportunity is designed for undergraduate or graduate students in the summer, spring, and fall semesters; please see individual postings for semester-specific information and application deadlines.
**We will be posting our Summer 2020 opportunities in January/early February. Please check back!**