Put your skills and talents to work conserving wild places.
As an organization, we aspire to be inclusive in the work that we do, and in the kind of organization we are. Internally this means working as a team that listens to different points of view, recognizes the contributions of every employee and empowers each employee to bring their whole selves to work every day. Externally this means ensuring that public lands are inclusive and welcoming, so that our shared wildlands can help people and nature to thrive.
We are committed to equity throughout our work, which we define as our commitment to realizing the promise of our public lands and ensuring that all can share in their universal benefits. To learn more about our commitment, please see Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
We are an equal opportunity employer and actively works to ensure fair treatment of our employees and constituents across culture, socioeconomic status, race, marital or family situation, gender, age, ethnicity, religious beliefs, physical ability, veteran status or sexual orientation.
DC Staff Community Service Day
Some Key Benefits:
- Emphasis on a work/life balance and some telework may be available.
- Strong organization commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion.
- Competitive Salary, Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision plans.
- Medical insurance available for as little as $5.00/month for employee only coverage. Dependent/Family coverage available at an additional cost.
- Generous Paid Time Off plan (20 accrued vacation days, 2 personal days, 12 accrued sick days & 11 recognized holidays per year)
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Bereavement Leave for family members as well as pets.
- 6% contribution on Pre-Tax Retirement Funds.
- 3 month paid sabbatical after 7 years of service.
- Pre-tax transit benefits for metro and parking.
- Free DC Capital BikeShare Membership.
- Cell phone service reimbursement for exempt staff.
- Paid Community Outreach Days.
- Expansive network of outdoor retailer discounts.
- Bi-Annual All Staff Retreat in iconic outdoor landscape.
Idaho State Director
Location: Boise, ID Preferred. Other location in Idaho may be considered.
Application Deadline: Sunday, July 25th
Director of Organizing
Location: Denver, CO preferred. Other TWS office locations may be considered.
Application Date: June 13th
Alaska State Deputy Director
Location: Anchorage, AK preferred. Other locations in Alaska may be considered.
Contract: Digital Content Producer, Community Lead Conservation
Location: DC or Virtual
Application Deadline: Ongoing
Senior Government Relations Representative
Location: Washington, DC
Summer 2021 Internship Opportunities
The summer 2021 application cycle is now closed. Please check back in June for our fall semester opportunities.
Gloria Barron Wilderness Society Scholarship
THE APPLICATION CYCLE FOR 2021 IS NOW CLOSED. THE NEXT CYCLE WILL BEGIN IN JANUARY 2022.